Friday, January 9, 2009

Crumble Town Here I Come

My life just crumbled at my feet. What a pitiful feeling.

YouTube took down my of-all-time-and-into-and-including-eternity FAVORITE video of Ferlin Husky as his humorous alter-ego Simon Crum. Oh my god, for real I don't even know what to say.

or do.


update: I just checked the others, and most have been removed. All the ones I watched daily in order to SURVIVE....

oh Ferlin, now i really DO have to travel to Texas and Missouri to see you ...

here is one though, still amazing, I just hope to Jesus in heaven it stays up



I'll just have to keep Theodore Roethke's "The Right Thing" in mind...and keep on repeating over and over and over and over:

"...Child of the dark, he can out leap the sun,
His being single, and that being all:
The right thing happens to the happy man.

Or he sits still, a solid figure when
The self-destructive shake the common wall;
Takes to himself what mystery he can,

And, praising change as the slow night comes on,
Wills what he would, surrendering his will
Till mystery is no more: No more he can.
The right thing happens to the happy man."

No comments: