Friday, January 30, 2009

I Won I Won I Won!

Ironic, that the quote that won me a prize was the one that states, "You only lose what you cling to"...

Also, ironic that I won a prize at random but just within this past week celebrated my 25th birthday. :)

A Chicago artist and 'soft sculpture' legend by the name of Peng Peng, has been an inspiration to me for over six years now. I have followed her website and blog, always with anticipation of what she sets out to create next. Peng Peng has gained great notability in the field of toy making and teddy bear artistry.


She has appeared in popular magazines, as well segments on the HGTV channel. In addition to the web, her bears can be found for purchase in specialty shops in Chicago and the United Kingdom. I believe they are elsewhere in America, but I'm not sure the names of the shops.

She recently held a prize drawing to celebrate the launch of her renovated website. The contest was easy enough, just submit a favorite quote related to Buddhism or something Zen and the winner receives a one-of-a-kind Buddha Bear figurine (a new, and adorable endeavor of hers). She picked at random the winner's name after everyone had submitted their favorite saying. And wha-la, it was ME!

She will be sending a sweet Buddha Bear my way soon :)

Back in May of 2008, I sent Peng Peng an email telling her how much she's inspired me to seek out creative expression and respect my sometimes wild imagination. I told her about one of the bears I had made, and included a picture. She wrote me back, the sweetest of emails...and then proceeded to put up a wonderful post on her blog about my Little Zen Bear.


Celebrate! I'll keep you posted on the arrival of my new prize!

2 comments:

Jeffrey James Ircink said...

yeahhhhhhh! congratulations, katja! that is great. what was your quote? well, you deserve it. you deserve EVERYTHING that's good in the world. and a buddha bear to boot.

love,
jeff

Koya Moon said...

that's very sweet jeff. same to you :)
the quote was "You only lose what you cling to" I had searched for 'zen quotes' on Google, looked through many, and chose that one. it jumped out at me.

love back at ya,
kt