Thursday, January 1, 2009

Just a Bite! Maybe two!

This post is dedicated to the much appreciated and admired artist behind "Closet Cooking". This man is a maverick of the senses, a wizard of the palate, a genius of the eye! Kevin ... can you pleeeease start a restaurant? I'll go there three times a day, promise!

Kevin's blog was created as a place to share the outcome of testing new and unusual recipes, after he had become bored with his diet. He is from Toronto, and cooks in a closet-sized kitchen. I must say, you'd never know this man had eaten a boring piece of food in his life! I love 'following' his blog, and drooling over his newest plate of wonder. I'm now going to dream a dream ... a dream of Kevin's Closet ...

Here's my order for Friday January 2nd, 2009

7:30 AM - I'll take the Japanese Rolled Omelette, or Tamagoyaki ... with spinach. Mmmmm, what a way to greet the day.



1:00 PM - Pizza sounds good! Roasted Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Pizza with Gorgonzola and Crispy Fried Sage, pretty please with a cherry on top :)



6:45 PM - This is not easy choosing! Okay ... hm ... this looks like a great appetizer. The marinated feta with olives and roasted peppers ...


mmmm, yes that was delicious.

And for the main course? Oh well let's see ... it looks like there's a new item on the menu! Sichuan Peppercorn Tenderloin Steak, Oh wow. Perfectly done.


Now the real challenge comes in finding a dessert. They all look so good! I could use something light and flaky, yet bold with real dimension. What would tha - oh I think I know what that would be! Bulgarian Strawberry Goat Cheese Banitsa, baby!



Well I'm full and satisfied! What a wonderful time. Thanks Kevin!

Visit him for yourself, drool a little drool at www.closetcooking.blogspot.com

No comments: