Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lucid Dreaming Update

I just remembered I had a lucid dream the other night. It was what I consider to be "Partially" lucid. This doesn't mean that it's not a lucid dream, it is qualified as one, but it just isn't as strong as a lucid dream can be.

A Partially Lucid Dream is one where I become aware in a dream, and begin to take control of the dream world. There are limitations as to what I accomplish, however.


In a Completely Lucid Dream, I have no boundaries (mental or otherwise) to keep me from doing whatever I want to do. If I want to manifest a magical kingdom where clouds will transport me alongside the wings of angels, then it will be. A truly lucid Lucid Dream will have no interference with my 'rational' mind or my ego. If my rational, waking-world mind is involved while lucid dreaming, I might not be able to contain excitement about a particular dream endeavor, thus waking up. Another obstacle it creates is fear, which interferes when lucid dreaming. If you create a world lucidly, and then fear something about it, it creates drama and tension and wastes a lot of time. I spend time trying to rise above and disassemble the fear in a lucid fashion, which is always successful (because if you're truly lucid dreaming you can create ANYTHING, including the antidote to bad and terrible things). Time is of the essence in a lucid dream, at least for me. Hopefully at some point I'll be able to control and sustain the dreams to last a really long time. If my ego becomes involved while in the dream I begin craving selfish things, which throws me off track and into weird and sometimes dark worlds. In the excitement of becoming lucid, sometimes it's difficult to remember what it is you want to accomplish. Before sleep, I try to give myself a 'mission' so I'm more aware in the dream state of what I want to do. I have only on occasion had contemplative moments while dreaming. This was akin to meditating while awake. I think it'd be interesting to practice this more ...WOW...that could result in something incredible. I will post more soon on some lucid dreams I have actually had. I went on a ramble here without meaning to. Time to eat lunch! Learn more at the Lucidity Institute.

*Picture thanks to Armands Auseklis of www.TerraEscape.com

No comments: