Monday, February 16, 2009

Ceramic Room Door




My grandparent's home has a ceramic room. This is the ceramic room door. The last photograph is the original picture taken. The first two I show the results of some Photoshop work. I look at this door, and see my childhood. Running out of the kitchen after eating a fresh slice of homemade apple pie my Nonna made from apples she grew herself...past the long blue ceramic room curtains, to this door. Which led to the lively backyard where pear, peach, and cherry trees stood elegantly next to swing sets and a magical clubhouse built by my father. I also see this door and think of my grandfather Leo, who is in Spirit. It reminds me of days when he'd drive out to purchase rye bread and ingredients for his zucchini pie. I miss you Grandpa.

No comments: