Monday, December 15, 2008

Finding My Bearings

I used the header Finding My Bearings, as it includes the word "bear" and supposedly means “Establishing awareness of one’s position or situation relative to one’s surroundings." That to me, does a good job of describing how I'm viewing the world of animal cruelty from the outside, looking for ways to reduce and prevent humans from torturing and abusing animals without getting overly upset or emotional. Every breath taken by a living organism is a precious and sacred thing. Ok, I could do without tapeworms :)


Over the next few days I'll be profiling individual accounts of bear rescues and posting pictures. The first topic I'll be covering is ex-circus bears.
The history of bears in the circus...etc. Hopefully some of the stories will have successful endings, most will not.

No comments: