Sunday, December 28, 2008

We Value You, Virginia!

A few days ago I wrote a blog entry (here) about Virginia O'Hanlon and her 1897 letter to the New York "Sun" newspaper regarding the existence of Santa Claus.*Well, thanks to my wonderful Aunt Sue in Ohio, I now know where that piece of history is and how much it's worth! Take a moment to view the appraisal in action! Get out your antique bells and whistles, if you LOVE "Antique's Roadshow"!! WOOOO!!!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/archive/199704A43.html

If your computer doesn't have Quicktime player, then you can just read the transcription of the show clip below the static video window.

*Coincidence alert - Aunt Sue tells me that my original blog post was written the same exact day PBS re-aired the episode about Virginia's letter! December 22nd ... !

No comments: